Natural Finger Paint - from Good Earth Art
• 1/2 cup finely chopped soap chips
1. In a large sauce pan, combine the soap chips, cornstarch, and water.
2. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. (Adult supervision suggested.)
3. Remove when mixture has thickened.
4. Pour into individual containers.
5. Place one color of crushed chalk in each container and mix while it is still warm.
6. Let cool.
7. Store in covered containers.
8. Use as any finger paint by placing a dollop of the mixture on paper and smearing it around with hands and fingers.
Add other textures, scents, or ingredients to any recipe and experiment with results. Try adding:
salt, coffee grounds, sand
copyright © 2010 MaryAnn Kohl
This article/art activity is copyright protected.
Permission is granted to reprint one copy for personal use only.
Please contact email@example.com or 800-480-4278 for permission to reprint
multiple copies or to disperse.